Saturday, April 26, 2008

Online security

I’m very paranoiac about security of my money. Once I lost quite a large amount of money due to the activity of hackers and various scammers. It was three years ago. I was naive and trusted everything what people were saying to me. So, once I’ve a letter on my e-mail box. When I opened it I found that it was a letter from my payment system. At least I though that it was so. The so called bank said me that they are conducting some poll and they asked me several questions and then have asked to fill up some questionnaires. There I was asked to put my name, some contact information and my password. And do you know what I have done? I filled everything as I trusted my system. Only later when I found that my account is empty I understood that I was deceived. I was in a real shock when I knew about this. Of course, I don’t blame anyone except myself, but after this occasion I don’t trust any letters at all. First I decided to refuse the use of payment systems at all but in our world it is almost impossible because payment systems talk today. So, I have learnt a lot of articles and guidelines and became more or less educated. Not I’m very careful with all these letters. Previously I though that security is not my head ache and all the systems are all and the same. But it was a mistake. Now I understood that the primary role in protection of your account is laid on you. So, I decided to register and to get an account with e-bullion that has a fame of one of the most security systems in the world. But it appeared to be not so easy to sign up in e-bullion and finally I quit this thing, especially since I found a new system on the Internet that looked also attractive and secure. It was Perfect Money. I liked their security and also the way of security control. System provides an opportunity to adjust the level of protection. I like it very much :)))

3 comments:

exers said...

It is necessary that everyone cared of the safety

Anonymous said...

of course what AV do you use?

Unknown said...

NOD 32 is the best